- Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago Calls for Protection of Ugandan Migrants in The Middle East and Asia
- Kadaga Calls for Tree planting During Christmas Break
- Ngo Staff Named In Break In. Report
- Uganda Gets State Of The Art Cancer & Hepatitis B Testing Machines
- Positive economic Performance Stays Lending Rate At 10%
By Damba Rogers.
Leaders of persons with disabilities are strongly reminding gov’t of its positions among them being the allocation of 10% of public service jobs to PWDs in the country.
The executive director national union of persons with disabilities Uganda Ngirabakunzi Edison mentions that the last national census reveals that 12.4% of the national population is made up of PWDS which then calls for full inclusion of these special people since they also much to contribute to the growth of this nation.
However, they still thank gov’t for offering education to them but these efforts are watered down with them completing school and fail to get employed and it’s upon this that they also ask gov’t develop affirmative action programmes and incentives to promote private sector employment of PWDS.
Over 200 PWDS have graduates but still have not been employed any where.