- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
Two legislators from West Nile have termed the upcoming celebrations to mark the 32nd anniversary of the National Resistance Army/Movement victory as a mockery to region that they say is poverty stricken.
Obongi county MP Kaps Fungaroo says that holding the celebrations in Arua is a mockery to the region which he says is second to Busoga in high levels of poverty in Uganda.
Fungaroo says people are still perishing in poverty, no electricity, famine is still killing people and worst of all even those who participated in liberating the country are suffering.
MP for Ayivu county Bernard Atiku says that West Nile which boasted of great schools like Vurra, Ombaci in the past currently is grappling with poor academic performance at primary and secondary level.
He adds that the region is not connected to the national electricity grid adding that Arua was listed by the Inspectorate of Government recently has one of the most corrupt local governments.
Fungaroo and Atiku say they won’t attend the celebrations even though they have received invitations.
NRM will hold the celebrations this Friday on Boma grounds in Arua district.