- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
By Damba Rogers
Govt is appealing to all public servants on strike and those planning to stage strikes to hold their guns for a while as they table the report for proposed salary scale for public servants.
Currently public prosecutors are on strike demanding for increment in their salaries as earlier promised by the govt which they say the agreed time has come with nothing yet coming from the govt side.
With public prosecutors on strike, medical practitioners are also having a strike in waiting as well as local govt workers and the main driver being payment.
But the public service minister, Hon. Mululi Mukasa and the junior finance minister, David Bahati confirm that by end of November this year a report to spell clearly the salary for civil servants will be out though they note that real payment will be implemented in the coming financial year since now the coffers have no extra monies for increments.
However, Hon. Mululi Mukasa says those who will fail to get back to work will have to face the laws that govern public servants.