- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
MPs Set To Meet M7 On Sugar Bill 2016
The Parliamentary committee on tourisim , trade and industry handling the sugar bili 2016 is set to Meet President Museveni next week ,the chairperson of the committee Alex Ruhunda has said.
He said the committee is intrested in meeting the president is because he had already made directives on a number of issues which are touching the serious clauses Within the Bill.
“The sugar bill has taken quit some time, it’s one of the hot issues we have been handling as a committee ,we are in the final stages, we have covered 95% of Bill he said “.
Nduhura said that, as a committee they want to balance what millers ,growers and policy makers are saying that’s why they are going to meet the President .
” We shall listen to his views and do the final draft in January” he added.
The main objective of the Bill, is to ensure that there is a sustainable diversified ,modern and compitive sugar sector to meet democratic, regional and internal sugar requirements.