- Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago Calls for Protection of Ugandan Migrants in The Middle East and Asia
- Kadaga Calls for Tree planting During Christmas Break
- Ngo Staff Named In Break In. Report
- Uganda Gets State Of The Art Cancer & Hepatitis B Testing Machines
- Positive economic Performance Stays Lending Rate At 10%
Ministry to Amend Education Act to safe Guide Schools
By Adiga Julius
The Ministry of Education is set to amend the education act to ensure that the security for students is guaranteed.
of high education Dr. John Chrysostom Muyingo said, the guidelines that are in place are good enough, but many schools are not strictly observing and following them.
“First of all we are in the process of amending the education act to ensure that the security of our children in education institutions is guaranteed,the Minister noted”.
He said that the ministry has decided to intensify the supervision and the inspection to reach every school to make sure that these guiltiness are followed to the latter without fail.
He warned that any school that fails to follow the guidelines will be dealt with according to the law.
This follows an incident in Rakia district where 11 students of st Bernard’s secondary were burnt to death and several others hospitalized by yet to be identified arsonists on Sunday night last week.