- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
- Cancer Institute Sets New Charge's For Radiotherapy Services
The leader of opposition in parliament Betty Aol Ocan , says blame should not be put on the survivors and dead that got involved in accident in the ill-fated boat that capsized last week.
Addressing journalist at Parliament Betty said that the revellers were partying, but the blame is on the institutions of Government which allowed the vessel that had a mechanical problem to go on water killing people.
She said that the ministry of works and police should be held liable for the incident.
She added that the calamity would have been avoided if the government institutions had done their work professionally.
Regarding yesterday’s shadow cabinet reshuffle, the leader opposition in parliament said that some members were not retained because they declined the positions.
Responding to a question by a journalist as why ,Kyandodo east member of parliament Robert Kyagulanyi was not appointed ,Hon Aol said the legislator was given position but declined to take it up, because he is very busy with some activities outside parliament ,he will therefore not be in position to perform his duties as a shadow minister.