- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
Members of Parliament from Mubende District have accused the NRM led government of taking the people for granted over illegal evictions.
The group of four out of the seven area MPs spearheaded by Bukuya MP Dr. Micheal Bukenya said they have mobilised 150 MPs who have signed their motion seeking to recall Parliament from Recess over the eviction of about 70,000 artisinal gold miners in Mubende recently in central Buganda.
Buyukwe member of parliament Michael B u Kenya alleges that the Uganda Peoples Forces and the police force for deployed over 1,000 officers to evict artisinal miners within 2 hours and yet this was done without any prior notice.
MPs from Kassanda North Patrick Nsamba Oshabe, Kassanda South Simeo Nsubuga and Kassambya County Gaffa Mbwatekamwa have condemned the evictions without prior compensation of the miners.
Kumi Municipality MP Aogon Silas who also in attendance agreed with the area MPs on the need for inclusive growth and guidelines for the protection of locals.