- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
- Cancer Institute Sets New Charge's For Radiotherapy Services
Two Security Assistants with Bank of Uganda have been arraigned before Kampala City Hall Court and remanded to Luzira Prison for neglect of duty
On Thursday Last Week Omoro Charles and Beatrice Kyambadde were detained by Parliament after they couldn’t explain how vital documents regarding the sale and liquidation of several Banks went missing from Bank of Uganda.
The two have appeared before separate Magistrates Patrick Talisuna and Beatrice Khainza and denied the allegation.
Court heard that Omoro Charles committed the offence on 14th/March while Kyambadde Beatrice committed the offence of 10th/Feb/ this year when they neglected to perform their duty as required;
Of searching people and bags entering and getting out of the Central Bank, which led to the disappearance of vital documents relating to the investigation of closure of several Banks by a Committee of Parliament called COSASE.
They return to court on Thursday this Week for Prosecution’s Joy Karungi to respond to their bail application.
Meanwhile Karungi informed Court that Investigations in this are still ongoing.