- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
ELDERLY PAYMENTS CHANGING LIVES AS BENEFICIARIES CALL FOR MORE
The social expansion programme that sees the Eldely receive monthly payments of UGX.25,000 shillings per month has seen many lives transformed as some of the beneficiaries from Kyankwanzi district have shown the gender ministry and the parliamentary forum on social protection some of the tremendous developments attained following the introduction of the programme.
Speaking to some of the beneficiaries who had also gathered to collect their monthly payment at Butemba parish revealed that they have managed to use the money to build better and permanent houses, pay school fees, medical bills among other basic necessities for life but now ask govt to consider increasing the payments to atleast UGX.100,000 to fully make drastic change in their livelihoods.
However, the chairperson, parliamentary forum on social protection, Hon. Jacob Opolot says there is still more to lobby for from the govt to see that more older persons are included on the beneficiary list as well as increasing on the monthly payments.Cue.Opolot.Eng.
The programmee director,Stephen Kasaija reveals that since the start of the progarmee they have used UGX.160 billion on 150,000 beneficiaries in 47 districts since 2011.