- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
The parliamentary committee on Commissions, Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises has demanded that Bank of Uganda to submit procurement papers for its golden jubilee celebrations.
The central bank officials led by the deputy governor Louise Kasekende for the second time failed to submit all documents the committee had asked them to produce regarding audit queries for financial year 2013/14.
The committee chairperson Abdul Katuntu also asked the officials to report back to the committee after a week with procurement documents for the branded rolling ball pens for its golden jubilee celebrations held on the 3rd of August last year.
Katuntu says he watched a story about the deal last night on a local TV station and wants the bank to explain.
NTV Uganda reported that Bank of Uganda paid 125 million shillings for 350 pens yet the event had already taken place which the internal procurement department found irregular.
The pens were apparently delivered day before the celebrations but the procurement was approved much later.