- Crane Bank Was Sold on a None Cash Sum of 200bn Shillings.Investigations
- Govt To Issue Free 300 Land Titles In Buganda
- Bank of Uganda Denied Crane Bank Limited a 157 Billion Loan to Recapitalize
- Kadaga Reechos The Demand to Fast Track The Domestic Relations Bill
- Govt Reviewing The Aviation Legislative Frame Work
Mulago National Referral Hospital Bill Coming Soon Minister
The 1st parliamentary council is in the process of drafting a bill that will see Mulago national referral hospital become autonomous to start handling specialized cases referred from other hospitals across the country.
The move according to the health minister Ruth Aceng is geared towards curbing down on the influx of patients at the national hospital as well as reducing on the number of trips abroad made by Ugandan to countries like India, UK, and USA among others seeking for specialized treatment.
With Mulago now under renovation, on its completion, the facility will mostly handle specialized treatment like heart surgeries, kidney operations, and neural surgeries and major transplants which have been forcing Ugandans to travel abroad for treatment which has been referred to as medical tourism.
Aceng says free treatment will still be offered in upper Mulago for those who are not well privileged.