Security

Fire Interrupts (COSASE) Meeting


Fire Interrupts (COSASE) Meeting

By Admin

The Parliamentary Committee on Statutory Assets and State Enterprises (COSASE) was unceremoniously brought to a halt, after fire broke in the ceiling of the Committee room forcing Committee members and witnesses out for safety of their lives.

The committee which was chaired by Makindye east MP Ibrahim Kasozi had sat this morning to hear from members of the board in charge of the custodian board when eventually smoke started coming out of the fluorescent lamp in the ceiling.

When contacted for a comment over the incident, the Communications Director for Parliament Mr. Chris Obore confirmed that it was short circuit but said there was no fire.

He said that there was no fire but just a socket that got burnt which was removed and removed..

The Committee was supposed to discuss issues concerning the operations of the board in relation to the sale and management of properties of Asians who fled the country during Amin’s ‘Economic War.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your best online news platform

Weather

Weather Icon

RSS Latest

  • US Government Hands Over Medicine Stores To Ministry Of Health August 23, 2019
    KAMPALA, UGANDA The United States government officially handed over the first 14 of 26 newly constructed pre-fabricated medicine stores to the Ministry of Health to help scale up the response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic. The health facilities that will benefit from this program are; Kabwohe HC IV, Bwizibwera HC IV, Wakiso HC IV, Kangulumila HC […]

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages
Filter by Categories
Agriculture
Business
Economy
Editor's Pick
Education
Entertainment
Entertainment & Arts
Enviroment
Health
International
Latest News
Opinion
Politics
Security
Social
Sports
Technology

Archives

Copyright © 2019 EYE WITNESS UGANDA

To Top